Friday, October 19, 2012

Show Hope & Compassion

Today I am linking up with Kelly's Korner to talk about favorite charities/non-profits!

There are two great ministries that Mike and I support: Compassion International and Show Hope.  Most Christians know about Compassion and the work they do around the world in the lives of children.  They offer hope where hope hasn't existed, and they show who Jesus is in caring not only for the children that are supported, but for their families as well.  I love that the two children we support, Durja and Ronamie, get medical care, education, basic living needs, and get taught about Jesus through Compassion.  I also love that their families get the help they need!  I love getting letters from my 'kids' and getting to know all about their lives and what they are learning!  Ronamie was 4 when we started sponsoring her so I have had the privilege of corresponding with her mom, Melita.  It has been so much fun to see the program through the eyes of a parent!  Melita would ask early on if we were pregnant yet, and it was so funny because I got a letter from her the day after we found out we were pregnant with Ellie, and the first thing she wrote was, "Christie, are you with child yet?".  Haha!  So funny!  It was a lot of fun to be able to send her Ellie's birth announcement!

This is Ronamie...


This is Durja...


They are two sweet children of God, and I am so glad we have the privilege of sponsoring them!

The next ministry is Show Hope.  Show Hope is the organization started by Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife to help provide for orphans, financially and spiritually, while also providing grants for parents hoping to adopt.  The price of adopting a child is sky high, and this organization does such a good job in helping meet the financial needs so more children can have forever homes!

I love both of these ministries so much!  I love that they are showing people who Jesus is and what He has done for us!  Is there any greater calling??

Please check out both ministries: 

No comments:

Post a Comment