Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Marriage after baby...and more Christmas!


I've been thinking a lot about my marriage: how it is now and how it was before Ellie.  I love being married.  I love my husband...he is still so handsome and so funny to me, and that 'spark' is definitely still there.  After Ellie was born, and she wasn't sleeping at all and our days were so off, I wondered if we would ever get that husband and wife time back.  I missed it.  When you have no sleep, and can hardly tell your days from nights it is easy to become fatalistic.  Ha!  Our nights eating dinner together and talking at the table, or eating in front of the TV watching our favorite shows were some of my favorite times.  Ellie started sleeping through the night a little after 10 weeks, and we quickly found ourselves in a new normal.  We were able to eat together, clean the house, watch TV, etc.  It all became very routine, though.  

There is nothing wrong with routine, but I also want there to be some special times.  Most of all I want Mike to feel loved and respected as the man of the house.  I want to start making his special meals, and pack his lunches again.  Maybe even get up and make him breakfast.  Mike, if you happen to read this please note I said MAYBE...I make no promises so don't get your hopes up.  I think one of the most important things I can do for Ellie is to love her daddy.  I want her to see my priorities as serving the Lord first, loving my husband second, and being a mommy to my kids third.  I think the first two are necessary for me to successfully do the third.  I want to show her a marriage full of love, passion, and fun.  I want to show her that with God's help, a marriage can last till death do us part.  Marriage isn't always easy, but spending a lifetime with my best friend is worth all of the 'discussions'.  Ha!  

I will leave you with some super cute pictures of Ellie on day 3 of our 25 days of Christmas mission!  We didn't do anything 'festive' yesterday except for some Christmas shopping.  I am about halfway done with gift buying, and my goal is to finish before every place gets super crazy.





She is applauding herself for smiling for the camera in this last one...haha!  Whatever it takes!

See y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment