Thursday, January 10, 2013

Whoops!

I never intended to be gone from my little online journal for so long!  We got so busy around Christmas.  I don't even remember where I left off in my blogging thought process, but let me see if I can get us up-to-date.

We hosted Christmas this year so as we got closer to my family coming Mike and I got so busy.  It was the first time someone other than my parents have hosted Christmas for our family so the pressure was on! Especially because we really need to prove to my dad that we can handle it, and Christmas can still be great at someone else's house.  Haha!  Now that the majority of my siblings are in Houston, and with us the grandkids, it just makes more sense for the minority to travel.  I'm hoping we can continue to host, or rotate years with my older sister so the grandkids can stay in their routine.  Anyway it was so much fun, and Mike and I had a blast setting out Ellie's gifts from Santa.  We didn't get her too much from him since it was really for us, but she got a super cute chair and this amazing thing....


I wouldn't say Ellie had a great time at Christmas.  Similar to her birthday, she was overwhelmed.  She didn't like the loud noises and had no desire to open presents.  She did enjoy playing with them, though.  My anti-napper even took a 2 hour nap during gift opening to avoid the chaos.  :)  Christmas was a really fun time, and I am always sad when it is over.  January is my least favorite month, probably because it symbolizes the end of the holiday season and it is cold and dreary.

Since Christmas we have just been settling back into life, and fighting off colds.  Ellie has had an awful cold.  She is still fighting it, but it is getting better.  Mike had one, but thankfully it didn't last long.  I have had a slight cold, but I started taking Zicam immediately and it really hasn't been bad.  Remember this post?  I am telling you, those three products are lifesavers!

I will upload some pictures from Christmas, and just life in general, when I get a little time.  

Here are some things Ellie has been up to lately:

*She has started 'giving', and it is the sweetest thing.  She will pick up her toys and bring them to one of us, especially Mike when he gets home in the evenings.  We end up with this pile of her toys.  She carefully selects them, too, which is precious.
*She LOVES to hug!  It melts my heart.  She will hug our legs, or come up and lay her head on our shoulders if we are sitting on the floor.  It is so sweet.
*I think she is getting closer to letting me put bows in her hair again.  She loves to bring them to me and bow her head so I can put one in, but then she quickly removes it.  We can play that game for MINUTES!
*She gets very frustrated if she can't figure something out, or if she is trying to eat/drink and it doesn't come quickly enough.  Especially through a straw.  Oh my word.  The tears.
*When Mike leaves in the morning she cries.  If he goes into a room and shuts the door, she will sit outside the door wailing until he comes out.  It is so sad.
*She still loves to sing and dance...she has had the same dance move since she was 6 months and has only varied it slightly.  I need to post a video from then and now.  It is hilarious!
*She is wearing 12-18 month clothes.  She has been in 12 month clothes since she was 6 months.  Ha!
*She LOVES food.  She loves fruits, veggies, yogurt, cheese, cheetos, and yogurt melts.  She isn't a huge meat fan yet, and she grows tired of new things quickly.  She really doesn't like change, and she will choose to have a fruit/veggie pouch over mac'n'cheese any day.  The only negative is those pouches are so darn expensive.
*She hates milk.  Doesn't drink a bit.  I stopped trying.

She continues to be the joy of our lives, and the best thing we have ever done! :)  

I hope you are all having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment